How can you become a Volunteer Driver?
- Good driving record
- Current and valid driver’s license and insurance
- Clean criminal background check
- Automobile which is safe and in roadworthy condition
The benefits of volunteer driving:
- Reimbursment at a rate of $.535 per traveled mile (or current federal rate)
- Personal satisfaction of helping others
- Freedom, provide as few or as many trips as you like
- Meeting new people
As a volunteer driver, you will pick up riders and take them to their appointments. When the appointment is finished, you will make sure they get home safely.
Volunteering is a great opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life, to be a part of a team, to share your experience, to learn new skills, and to develop lasting friendships.